We believe in the power of writing to bring clarity and meaning to our lives.
We will share what we know about the writing process and the written artifact and point you towards other resources as needed.
We see our classes as stepping stones along the writing path. Whether your hope is to become a better writer; to become a more public writer; to prepare for an MFA program; or to learn more about publishing your work—we are here to share what we know.
Would you like to tell your life story, or parts of it, in poetry or memoir?
To make sense of your experience by writing about it and sharing it with others?
To preserve your story for posterity?
We can help:
- aspiring writers get started on their writing journeys
- practicing writers stay inspired, keep going, dig deeper and reach higher
- by offering classes, workshops, interviews, webinars, podcasts and community
- by creating a safe and supportive environment for self-expression and experimentation with new forms
- by sharing what we have learned from our literary mentors and peers and from our own writing practice.
We promise to:
- be a resource
- introduce writers to new poets and creative nonfiction writers
- look to writers who are masters of their craft for guidance and inspiration
- provide useful and stimulating writing prompts
- help writers find ways to generate writing anywhere, anytime
- provide writing classes that are safe, challenging, and rewarding
- provide classes that will help writers add depth and resonance to their work